DATA PRIVACY CONSENT FORM
Faith Baptist Schools values the privacy and security of any personal data entrusted to us by our stakeholders (e.g. students, alumni, other affiliates and non- affiliates) for legitimate purposes.
We aim to comply with all regulatory data privacy act legal regulations. We regard your privacy with utmost importance. Faith Baptist Schools is committed to safeguarding your personal privacy and ensuring that our genuine and legitimate interests as an educational institution and our ability to fully and effectively carry out our responsibilities as such are met. In this consent form, the terms, “personal data” and “information” are used interchangeably. When we speak of “personal data”, the term includes the concepts of personal information, sensitive personal information, and privileged information.
Processing of Personal Data
A. Collection of Information
We collect your personal data from information you provide us during your inquiry, application for admission, after enrollment, and during the course of your stay with us.
1. Information you provide us during your application for admission. Upon application for admission, we collect information about personal circumstances and contact information such as – but not limited to – name, your email address, telephone number and other contact details, family history, previous schools attended, academic performance, disciplinary record, medical record, etc.
2. Information we acquire or generate upon enrollment and during your time as a student.
Upon enrollment and during the course of your academic time with us, we collect information on students’ academic or curricular undertakings, the classes enrolled, scholastic performance, attendance record, medical record, etc. We will also collect information for and in relation to co-curricular matters, such as outreach activities, as well as extra-curricular activities, such as membership in student organizations, leadership positions and participation and attendance in seminars, competitions and programs. We will also collect information in connection with any disciplinary incident, including accompanying sanctions that stakeholders may be involved in.
B. Access to Information
Your personal information is accessed and used by Faith Baptist Schools personnel who have legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their mandated duties. We use and share your information as permitted within the school, colleges, or required by law to pursue our legitimate interests as an educational institution, including a variety of academic, administrative, historical, and statistical purposes.
Some examples of situations when we may use your information to pursue legitimate interests as an educational institution are as follows:
1. Evaluating applications for admission;
2. Processing confirmation of incoming students and transfer students in preparation for enrollment;
3. Recording, generating and maintaining student records of academic, co-curricular and extra- curricular progress;
4. Establishing and maintaining student information systems;
5. Sharing of grades between and among faculty members, and others with legitimate official need, for academic deliberations;
6. Processing scholarship applications, grants, and other forms of assistance;
7. Investigating incidents that relate to student behavior and implementing disciplinary measures;
8. Maintaining directories and alumni records; compiling and generating reports for statistical and research purposes;
9. Providing services such as health, counseling, information technology, library, sports/recreation, transportation, safety, and security;
10. Managing and controlling access to campus facilities and equipment;
11.Communicating official school announcements; sharing marketing and promotional materials regarding school-related functions, events, projects and activities;
12. Soliciting your participation in research and non-commercial surveys;
C. Sharing of Information
Some examples of when we may share or disclose your personal information to others include:
1. Posting of class lists and class schedules in school bulletin boards or other places within the campus;
2. Sharing of information to persons, including parents, guardians or next of kin, as required by law or on a need-to-know basis as determined by the school to promote your best interests, or protect your health, safety and security, or that of others;
3. Providing academic institutions, companies, government agencies, private or public corporations, or the like, upon their request, with scholastic ranking information or certification of good moral character for purposes of admission;
4. Sharing information to potential donors, funders or benefactors for purposes of scholarship, grants and other forms of assistance;
5. Distributing the list of graduates and awardees during commencement exercises;
6. Reporting and/or disclosing information to government bodies or agencies (e.g., Commission on Higher Education, Department of Education);
7. Sharing information for accreditation and university ranking purposes (e.g. Western Association of Schools & Colleges);
8. Responding to inquiries verifying that you are a student or graduate of the school;
9. Conducting research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
10.Publishing academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements and success, including honors lists and names of awardees in the school website, social media sites and publications;
13.Sharing your academic accomplishments or honors and co-curricular or extracurricular achievements with schools you graduated from or was previously enrolled in, upon their request;
14. Marketing or advertising activities to promote the school through photos, videos, brochures, website postings, advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
15.Publishing communications with journalistic content, such as news information in Faith Baptist’s publications, social media sites, and news and media organizations
We shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures for the protection of personal data which we have collected.The security measures shall aim to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of personal data and are intended for the protection of personal data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure, as well as against any other unlawful processing
We only permit your data to be accessed or processed by our authorized personnel who hold such information under strict confidentiality. Any data security incident or breach that comes to the knowledge of Faith Baptist Schools will be recorded and reported as required by law. Faith Baptist Schools will take all necessary and reasonable steps to address such incident or breach and mitigate any negative effect of such incident or breach. If there is strong suspicion that an incident affects your personal information, Faith Baptist Schools will notify you of such incident in an appropriate manner.
After successfully completing your academic career at Faith Baptist and while you are an alumnus, your personal information remains private and confidential. Our employees shall operate and hold personal data under strict confidentiality. School officials received training on the company’s privacy and security policies to ensure confidentiality and security of personal data.
Right to Privacy
You may object to the processing of your personal data, request to access your personal information, and/or have it corrected, erased, or blocked on reasonable grounds. For the details of your rights as a data subject, you can get in touch with our Data Privacy. Faith Baptist Schools will consider your request and reserves the right to deal with the matter in accordance with the law.
If you have further questions or concerns you may contact our Data Protection Officer through the following details:
The Data Protection Officer
Tel. No.: (818) 340-6131 Email Address: email@example.com
I have read this form, understand its contents and consent to the processing of my personal data. By continuing I agree to voluntarily provide my information for use at Faith Baptist Schools.